Panjo Ghar Project
Over the last 2 years Rehabilitation support has been provided to over 100 families and in future the India Chapter will be launching “Panjo Ghar” shortly to support.
PANJO GHAR PROPOSAL
- Local Jamat must contribute the land and at least small part of the construction (say 10%)
- The local Jamat and WMO IC will jointly implement the project.
- Local Jamat will be responsible for the groundwork and the application selection process.
- WMO IC will supervise the implementation and also the final scrutiny and signing off of the applications
- WMO IC must contribute anything between 20-40% of the cost through local Zakath Collections
- Local Jamat to look after the maintenance of the Housing Unit for 5 years and ensure the recipients do not sell or rent their allotted premises.
The Mehkar Project is a good example of this form of collaborative housing project undertaken by WMO IC and the local Jamat, which resulted in 20 housing units being given to families in that particular region.