Specialist Committee: Legal & Compliance
|Mr. Nowsad Gani||Deputy Presidentfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mr. Bashir Sattar||Trusteeemail@example.com|
Terms of Reference
At a Meeting of the Office Bearers of the WMO held in Dubai on the 12th and 13th January 2015, it was resolved that various sub-committees would be set up to carry out the tasks of the organisation.
Amongst these sub-committees it was resolved that a Legal and Compliance sub-committee be formed headed by myself, Nowsad Abdul Gani.
The brief of this particular sub-committee be as follows:
- To ensure that all matters appertaining to the Organisations Charitable Status are strictly in accordance with UK charity Law, and matters required in compliance therein are to be the responsibility of this committee.
- To ensure that all the chapters of the Organisation are in compliance with the constitution of the Organisation.
- To ensure that all income and expenditure of the organisation is in accordance with the policies of the organisation and that all donations received comply with the basic rules of diligence.
- To ensure that all statutory documentation in the form of Audited Accounts, Annual returns and the like are always prepared and filed as required.
- To ensure that all the Banking Accounts of the Organisation are in compliance with the Organisations requirements and policies from time to time.
- To ensure that all applications for Membership of the Organisation be it Trustee, Patron, Life Member, etc. are vetted to ensure that the applicants are suited to the organisation.
- To ensure that all the WMO chapters comply with the governing document of the Organisation and also any deviation that has been agreed prior by the Office Bearers for reasons of adherence to local laws and regulations.